William Floyd High School will be administering the New York State Regents Examinations on June 1, 2023 and June 14, 2023 through June 22, 2023. As a result, the high school will be using a testing schedule and modified transportation schedule. Please see the testing bus schedule linked below for details. The information in this letter is regarding June 14 through June 22 exams.
Please note that June 13 will be the last day of regular classes for the high school and all schools will be closed on June 19 in observation of Juneteenth.
Due to the seriousness of the testing administration as well as the need to provide optimal test-taking conditions, please reinforce with your child the following expectations:
- Students will be searched upon entering the building.
- Students should bring only appropriate test materials. All backpacks and pocketbooks will be confiscated.
- As per NYS Education Department, NO cell phones or electronic equipment will be allowed in the building. All cell phones and electronic equipment brought into the building will be confiscated. A parent/guardian will be required to pick up any confiscated cell phones/electronic equipment in the high school main office between 8 am and 3:30 pm only.
- The use of any communications device is strictly prohibited. If communication devices are used, no matter how briefly, the student’s examinations will be invalidated and no score will be calculated for that student.
- There are no make-ups for these examinations. Students must take these examinations on the specified days and at the specified times.
- Students must remain for the entire testing period (three hours) allotted for all Regents exams.
- Cold grab-and-go food options will be available prior to the beginning of these examinations.
- Students who take a bus to school are to be at their assigned bus stop at their regular scheduled time for morning exams and at 11:15 am for afternoon exams.
In order to receive a high school diploma, the New York State Education Department requires that students pass multiple Regents examinations. Your child may not be eligible for graduation until he/she satisfies all Regents examinations requirements. Attendance at the appropriate exams is, therefore, expected. Students, parents, or guardians who have questions regarding state mandated testing requirements should contact their child’s guidance counselor.
If you have any concerns regarding the details of this letter, please call the high school office at 631-874-1177 or your child’s guidance counselor at 631-874-1130.
- Floyd Academy
- WF High School