IMPORTANT! For parents/students contacted by a recruiting agency, please discuss with your team's coach before signing up for any recruitment services. Prospective college athletes should NEVER pay a company for recruitment. Below are some helpful tips for recruiting.
Whether you're exploring colleges with D-I, D-II, D-III, or club athletic teams, there’s no need for you to use a recruitment website or agency such as Next College Student Athlete AKA the National Collegiate Scouting Association (NCSA) and National Scouting Report (NSR). They aren’t recognized by many college coaches, and creating a student-athlete profile should NEVER cost you money. The best way to get on a college coach's radar is to:
- Go to the college's website and fill out their recruitment questionnaire; and/or
- Contact the coach directly via email. Introduce yourself, provide some of your athletic stats, attach a schedule if you have one, and request to set up an in-person or Zoom meeting so you can learn more about their athletic program(s).
Additionally, please research reviews on any company before agreeing to any financial terms or a contract.
If you have any questions about recruitment, please discuss with your child's coach or call the Athletic Office at (631) 874-1634.
FamilyID information is listed below!
Dear William Floyd parents and student-athletes,
For the past several years, the district has offered the convenience of online registration for student-athletes through FamilyID.
Please note that as of July 1, 2022, there will be additional questions as a result of the new Dominic Murray Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act. Please follow this link for a letter containing the details.
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
IN ORDER TO REGISTER YOU MUST:
- Complete FamilyID Form which includes important health information reviewed by the Nurse's office prior to each season as well as mandatory policies and agreements.
- Provide a Current Physical: Either upload a current image of physical to the FamilyID sports registration form or bring a copy to the Nurse's office. Physicals expire 12 months after the date of health exam. No athlete will be permitted to play or tryout with an expired physical.
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Then Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the blue Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
No Payment Required
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may login at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: email@example.com or 781-205-2800 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Paca Middle School
- WF Middle School