Members of the William Floyd school community who plan on traveling during upcoming vacations (mid-winter break from February 15-19 or spring break from March 29-April 5) are encouraged to consider the current New York State travel restrictions and the testing/quarantining requirements in place that could affect attendance before making plans to travel. Please click here for the full travel advisory and testing/quarantining requirements.
Some of the requirements are also listed below for your convenience. Please note that these guidelines are subject to change but are up-to-date at the time of publication.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 10-day quarantine for asymptomatic individuals. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York are exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well. The guidance also applies to any person who has traveled to CDC Levels 2 and higher Health Notice country under the COVID risk assessment.
For any traveler to New York State from a noncontiguous state, US territory or CDC level 2 and higher country, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 10-day quarantine are below:
For travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
For travelers who were out-of-state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out the NYS traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
The local health department must make contact with the state the traveler came from, to ensure contact tracing proceeds there as well. All travelers must continue to fill out the NYS traveler form upon arrival into New York State to contribute to New York State’s robust contact tracing program.
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out-of-state, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
- Fine Arts
- Floyd Academy
- Hobart Elementary
- Moriches Elementary
- Paca Middle School
- Tangier Elementary
- WF Elementary
- WF High School
- WF Learning Center
- WF Middle School
- Woodhull Elem