The Universal Prekindergarten Program is for four year olds residing in the district. Classes are held at local preschools and in our elementary schools. All of the UPK teachers are fully certified and the curriculum is approved by the state.
The program runs for 2.5 hours, five days per week and is for children turning four-years old on or before December 1st of the current school year. Children must meet all health and immunization requirements. Enrollment is limited. If more applications are received than slots available, a lottery will be conducted.
A limited number of spots may still be available for eligible students who move into the district mid-year. Contact the UPK office for availability.
How do I register my child for UPK?
- Fill out the UPK application available by CLICKING HERE and at all of our preschools.
- When your child is placed in a school, a letter will be mailed. Please, read this carefully.
- The preschool will be calling to verify your current address and send a registration packet.
- Take the permission to register slip, packet, child’s original birth certificate, PROOF OF RESIDENCY, and identification to Central Registration on your assigned registration day.
- Return your completed packet, immunizations, and physical to the preschool. You will be able to choose a morning or afternoon slot at this time. These slots are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
For information on documents needed for Proof of Residency click here.
For more information, contact Danielle Durkin, the Universal Prekindergarten Program Coordinator at (631)-874-1668. Applications and student handbooks can be download below.