What is CANVAS Learning ?
Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) used by the WFSD teachers and students in Grades 6-12. Canvas provides a simple to use virtual learning environment which can be used by teachers, students, and parents for communication, assignments, discussions, grades, and much more!
If you are in need of a Chromebook and would like to request one, please fill out the “Parent Request for Chromebooks” form at the following links: English and Spanish. Please note that filling out this form does not guarantee that one will be provided to you but we will do our best to accommodate.
- Students can learn how to navigate and use Canvas by viewing the WFSD Canvas Student Support course or the Canvas Student Guide.
- Students log in using their WFSD account username and password.
- Students can access their account from any desktop computer or download the Canvas Student App on any IOS/Android device.
If you are an incoming sixth grader and did not use Canvas last year, your log-in information should be the same used for Google Classroom in fifth grade. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to the help desk beginning on September 8 (please see below).
Those who are new to the district, should also reach out to the help desk for a password (please see below).
Please note that teachers are currently preparing their courses on Canvas, so nothing will be available for students or parents to view until the first day of school on Tuesday, September 8.
Parent Observer Accounts
- To activate a Parent account in Canvas K-12 start by clicking here. This account can be used to view your child's upcoming assignments, due dates, grades and other course content. You can also communicate with your child’s teachers by using the Inbox within Canvas. Parents can learn how to navigate and use Canvas by viewing the Canvas Observer Guide.
- Parents can access their account from any desktop computer or download the Canvas Parent App on any IOS/Android device.
- Students will need to create a Pairing Code for their parents/guardians in order for them to view their Canvas account.
- Learn more about how parents and guardians can use Canvas by exploring
Need Help with Canvas?
If you are having a problem with Canvas you can click on the HELP icon at the bottom of the gray navigation bar on the left-hand side of the screen within your Canvas account.
Technology Help Desk
The technology help desk for students and parents will open on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 8 at 7 am. Techs will be available to assist with password resets and for those having trouble logging in on district Chromebooks. The hours to begin Stage 1 of re-opening are 7 am to 4 pm on weekdays when school is in session. The help desk number is (631) 874-1733.
CANVAS Video Tutorial
Below you will find a tutorial video for students that will give you an brief overview of the platform and how to get started.