Contained herein are the policy statements formulated by the Board of Education of the William Floyd Union Free School District. Policy is defined as a basic plan of action. It establishes limits within which freedom of judgment can be exercised. Policy is a governing principle of management. It is a statement which has an effect on the interests of those who come under its jurisdiction. A policy may originate from the constitution, from statute, from local determinations and/or from customary patterns of formal behavior.
Policy should accomplish the following:
- State a position taken by the District;
- Grant the authority to act;
- Be sufficiently detailed to give adequate direction;
- Be achievable within the real environment of the school and community;
- Provide for impartial procedures.
In addition to the adopted policies, the operation of the School District is governed by and subject to all applicable Laws, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, Civil Service requirements, Board of Education Resolutions, School Administrative Regulations and Contracts of Agreement.
If any part of these policies are made invalid by judicial decision or legislative or administrative enactment, all other parts shall remain in full effect unless and until they are amended or repealed by the Board of Education. The official record of the adoption, amendment, or repeal of the by-laws and policies of the William Floyd Union Free School District shall be the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Education.
- Policy 3440: Social Media
- Policy 5312: Cellular Telephones
- NEW! Policy 5550:Maintenance of Fiscal Effort (Title I Programs)
- NEW! Policy 5551: Allocation of Title I, Part A Funds in the District
- Policy 5560: Student Meal Charges
- Policy 5660: Meal Charge and Prohibition Against Meal Shaming Policy
- Policy 5674: Data Networks Security Access
- Policy 6121: Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy
- NEW! Policy 6212: Certification and Qualifications
- Policy 6560: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- NEW! Policy 7131: Education of Students in Temporary Housing
- NEW! Policy 7133: Education of Students in Foster Care
- Policy 7210: Attendance
- Policy 7211: Course Credit and Student Attendance
- Policy 7231: Non-Resident Students (Former Residents/Future Residents/Foreign Exchange)
- Policy 7513R: Guidelines for Administering Medication in Schools
- Policy 7521R: Opioid Overdose Prevention
- Policy 7532: Interscholastic Athletic Extracurricular eligibility
- NEW! Policy 7621: Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Ace of 1973
- Policy 7752: Independent Evaluations
- Policy 8561: Funding of Overnight Student Trips
- NEW! Policy 8260: Title I Parent and Family Engagement
- NEW! Policy 8280: Instruction for English Language Learners
Non-revised William Floyd Policy Manual: Please note that the policy manual linked below does not contain the updated policies that are listed above.