We will be administering the New York State Regents Examinations January 22, 2019 through January 25, 2019. As a result, we will be using a testing schedule and modified transportation schedule. CLICK HERE to view additional information including the bus schedule.
Due to the seriousness of the testing administration as well as the need to provide optimal test-taking conditions, please reinforce with your children the following expectations:
- Students will be searched upon entering the building.
- Students should bring only appropriate test materials. All backpacks and pocketbooks will be confiscated.
- NO cell phones and electronic equipment are allowed in the building. All cell phones and electronic equipment brought into the building will be confiscated. A parent/guardian will be required to pick up any confiscated cell phones /electronic equipment in the Main Office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. only.
- The use of any communications device is strictly prohibited. If communication devices are used, no matter how briefly, the student’s examinations will be invalidated and no score will be calculated for that student.
- There are no make-ups for these examinations. Students must take these examinations on the specified days and at the specified times.
- Students must remain for the entire testing period (three hours) allotted for all Regents exams.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available in the 9th grade food court prior to the beginning of these examinations. Breakfast and lunch times are noted on page two of the attachment.
- Students who take a bus to school are to be at their assigned bus stop at their regular scheduled time for morning exams and at 11 am for afternoon exams.
In order to receive a high school diploma, the New York State Education Department requires that students pass multiple Regents examinations. Your child may not be eligible for graduation until he/she satisfies all Regents examinations requirements. Attendance at the appropriate exams is, therefore, expected. Students, parents, or guardians who have questions regarding state mandated testing requirements should contact their child’s guidance counselor.
If you have any concerns regarding the details of this letter, please call the high school office at 874-1720 or your child’s guidance counselor at 874-1130 or 874-1150.
To download and print a copy of the January Regents schedule and all related information, CLICK HERE