Updated information as of 9/6/18:
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate through the next few days. There will be NO large buses until Monday, September 17.
William Paca Middle School will implement the following upgrades to improve dismissal for today:
- Release walkers at 1:40
- Begin dismissal for all pickups immediately following the release of walkers.
- Parents who are picking up students should come prepared with an index card/paper with their name and the names of the students they are picking up to be presented as they enter.
Optional: Dismissal will be available by grade levels, so if possible, parents may come to pick up their children by grade level at these times. If you have children in multiple grade levels, you may pick them up at any time that is convenient.
6th Grade: 1:40 pm
7th Grade: 2:00 pm
8th Grade: 2:20 pm
Please note that the Hounslow Road Gate will be open throughout the remainder of this busing situation to assist with ingress and egress of cars.
William Paca Middle School
School day: 8:10 am – 2:23 pm
Before-school childcare drop-off beginning at 7:10 am/after-school childcare pick-up ending 3:23 pm
As many of you are aware, the District found itself having to switch bus companies and there has been a temporary disruption of services and there will be NO large buses until further notice.
Paca Arrival Plan
- Parents will follow the same procedures as traditional drop off, except the line will be extended to in front of the school, by the cafeteria.
- Students will enter through the cafeteria and have breakfast. Overflow of students will be assigned to the auditorium and large gym.
Paca Dismissal Plan
- Students will remain in their 8th period classes (Students will go to their lockers before 8th period until bus situation is resolved. NO LOCKER STOPS DURING DISMISSAL)
- Beginning at 2:15, an announcement will be made for all students walking and riding their bikes/scooters to report to the cafeteria (They will be released from far side of cafeteria.) We are requesting that parents send a note or an email giving permission for students to walk or ride their bikes.
- Students taking mini buses will be called down to get on their buses. Buses will be released once all students have been accounted for.
- Parents picking up will drive into bus slots (3 cars per slot). They will be directed by security and extra staff members. Traffic cones will be set up to guide drivers around right side of the island. A barrier of cones will also be placed along the front of the building for kids to walk through safely.
- Administration and faculty members will be assigned to designed bus slots.
- Each person will take down the name and grade of students being picked up in their section. An index card will be placed on windshield to show that those students’ names were taken (Another person can be responsible for following up on students called if card is still there and students have not come outside).
- After 2:50, all remaining students will be sent to designated locations with after school staff.
- Please be prepared to show picture ID.