Updated information as of 9/6/18:
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate through the next few days. There will be NO large buses until Monday, September 17.
WFMS will implement the following upgrades to improve dismissal for today:
- We are opening the window earlier for dismissal to begin at 1:35 pm
- Students will be placed in locations closer to exit quicker
- Maintain two lanes for entering cars to improve traffic flow
- Please pull through to full pick up loop to increase the number of cars we can handle at one time
- Parents who are picking up students should come prepared with an index card/paper with their name and the names of the students they are picking up to be presented as they enter.
Optional: Dismissal will be available by grade levels, so if possible, parents may come to pick up their children by grade level at these times. If you have children in multiple grade levels, you may pick them up at any time that is convenient.
6th Grade: 1:40 pm
7th Grade: 2:00 pm
8th Grade: 2:20 pm
Just a reminder that Sunrise Highway and Montauk Highway can both be used to get to Moriches-Middle Island Road.
William Floyd Middle School
School day: 8:10 am – 2:23 pm
Before-school childcare drop-off beginning at 7:10 am/after-school childcare pick-up ending 3:23 pm
As many of you are aware, the District found itself having to switch bus companies and there has been a temporary disruption of services and there will be NO large buses until further notice.
WFMS Arrival Plan
- Parents will enter the school grounds and then be directed into the right lane of the “Parent Drop Off” loop. Please have students ready to exit your car through the passenger side only as you pull up. All vehicles should stay in the lane to exit the parking lot as directed by school personnel. Do not pull out of the drop off lane at any time as this may cause a safety issue.
- Parents may begin dropping off students at 7:10AM. All students can enjoy breakfast in the cafeteria free of charge or may wait in the main lobby or auditorium until 8:00AM when they will be released to go to their first period class. Supervision will be provided at all locations.
WFMS Dismissal Plan
- Mini bus dismissal will take place in the front of WFMS at 2:23 PM.
- Car pick-up will begin as parents arrive at WFMS.
- Please come to WFMS with an index card or paper clearly listing your name and the first and last names of all students you will be picking up. Parents should proceed through the main gate of WFMS and follow the directives of staff to enter the parking lot on the right side of WFMS near the tennis courts. A staff member will collect your card as you near the pick-up point or present you with a card to complete. DO NOT EXIT YOUR CAR AT ANY TIME. Students will be called down to the pick-up point via the school PA system. When all students are in your car please follow the staff directives to safely exit the WFMS.
- Students will remain with their 8th period teacher until 2:50PM and then moved to an alternative location which will be supervised by additional staff members. Students who remain will be provided with snacks.
- Please be prepared to show picture ID if requested