William Floyd High School
School day: 7:25 am – 1:33 pm
No childcare available.
As many of you are aware, the District found itself having to switch bus companies and there has been a temporary disruption of services. There will be NO large buses until Monday, September 17.
Updated on 9/12/18:
In an effort to minimize traffic congestion, the high school will be running on a truncated bell schedule for the next two days, Thursday, September 13 and Friday, September 14, with dismissal taking place at 1:01 pm. Ninth- and 10th-grade students will continue arrival and dismissal in the north lot; 11th- and 12th-grade students will continue arrival and dismissal in the south lot. If parents have multiple children at different locations, please conduct drop-off and pick-up at one location. For those students who cannot be picked up at that time, the high school library will remain open under teacher/administrator supervision until the last child is picked up. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through the next couple of days of school until large bus transportation returns on Monday, September 17. The temporary bell schedule is below.
William Floyd High School Temporary Bell Schedule for Thursday, 9/13 and Friday, 9/14
Warning Bell: 7:20 am
Period 1: 7:25 am – 8:03 am
Period 2: 8:07 am – 8:49 am (includes morning announcements)
Period 3: 8:53 am – 9:31 am
Period 4: 9:35 am – 10:13 am
Period 5: 10:17 am – 10:55 am
Period 6: 10:59 am – 11:37 am
Period 7: 11:41 am – 12:19 pm
Period 8: 12:23 pm – 1:01 pm
William Floyd High School Arrival/Dismissal Plan
- All 9th and 10th grade students should be dropped off for arrival in the North Lot. They will be dismissed through the North also. Arrange pickups for those students there.
- All 11th and 12th grade students will be dropped off for arrival in the South Lot. This includes those seniors who drive. These students will also dismiss from the South Lot. Arrange pickups there.
- Students who have a senior license and drive to school must park in the South lot only. Faculty and Staff will park in the North and East.
- The north and south lobbies will be open later for arrivals during this bus situation.
- Authorized seniors with late arrivals can enter through the south entrance with their schedule in hand.
- All high school students will be dismissed at 1:33. There will be no extra help until the bus issue is settled. Students are, therefore, expected to leave the building at 1:33.
- Teachers and school security will be on hand to supervise students as they leave the building at dismissal. They will also supervise the North, South and East lots as students dismiss. Teachers will be available until 2:15.
- Students who ride the mini buses will arrive and dismiss from the East lot and lobby. All other students will arrive and dismiss from the North and South lobbies only.
- Athletes must report to their coaches at dismissal.
- Before- and after-school childcare is not available at the high school.
- There will be no extra help period.
- If a student needs to stay until 2:10 (end of extra help period), he or she will be able to wait in the cafeteria or library until a ride arrives.
- Athletics – buses for athletes will be available at the high school only.