William Floyd Elementary
School day: 8:10 am – 2:10 pm
Before-school childcare drop-off beginning at 7:10 am/after-school childcare pick-up ending 3:10 pm
As many of you are aware, the district found itself having to switch bus companies. This change has unfortunately led to a temporary disruption in service. There will be NO large buses until Monday, September 17. Therefore, please listen carefully for the WFE arrival and dismissal procedures.
VERY IMPORTANT – if you are carpooling and someone else other than the child’s parent is picking them up from school, you must send a note in or email a pick-up note to your child’s teacher that includes your child’s name and the name of the adult that is picking them up.
You can access teacher’s email addresses on the WF website (typically first initial, last name @wfsd.k12.ny.us; example: John Public, firstname.lastname@example.org). No child will be released without a note. If you are picking up any child, please be sure to have picture ID. No child will be released to an adult without picture ID.
- Students can be dropped off as early as 7:10am, school begins at 8:10am.
- You can use 1 of 3 locations to drop off your children – 1. Front bus loop, 2- side parking lot, 3- Back bus loop
- Our caring faculty, staff and Security will be at all 3 locations to assist
- All 3 locations will be a drop and go to reduce traffic congestion. This means parents will not be able to get out of their car to walk their children into the school. If you need to escort your child into the school, you must park in the parking lot.
- As for dismissal/student pick up, we will use multiple pick up times based on grade level to reduce congestion and avoid parking issues. If you have children in multiple grades you can choose any time to pick up your children. If you are looking to avoid the congestion and would like to sign your children out, we will have students available as per the following schedule:
Grades: K-1 – 1:20
Grades: 2-3 – 1:40
Grades: 4-5 – 2:00
- You will need to park, come into the school and sign your child out at your child’s classroom.
- If you are picking up your child any time AFTER 2:30, please follow Regular pick up procedures and go to the CAFÉ.
- If you are unable to pick up your child at regular dismissal time, 2:10, we will have staff available to watch your child until 3:10.
We appreciate your cooperation to help get our nearly 750 students into and out of the building as safely and as efficiently as possible. Please note that we understand children may be late to school, and lateness due to this bus situation will not negatively impact your child. We assure you your child will still enjoy a memorable school year with us.
Please call WFE at 631-874-1257 if you have any questions.