Update as of 9/6/18:
Nathaniel Woodhull Elementary
School day: 9:05 am – 3:05 pm
Before-school childcare drop-off beginning at 8:05 am/after-school childcare pick-up ending 4:05 pm
We would like to thank you for your patience and support as we await our bus transportation services to begin in full on September 17th. There has been no changes to our morning drop-off, students can be dropped off as early as 8:05am, school begins at 9:05am. Arrival procedures will remain the same however, based on an assessment of yesterday’s dismissal we have made some changes in hopes of providing an even quicker, more efficient pick-up process.
Starting today, at dismissal time parents will enter Nathaniel Woodhull at assigned entry points. They will be directed to their child’s classroom where they will be signed out. Photo ID is required as well as a note if someone other than the child’s parent will be picking up.
- Kindergarten – Parent Pick-Up door located in the front of the building to the far right.
- Grades 1 – 2 – Front door at the far left of the building.
- Grade 3 – Main front lobby doors
- Grades 4 – 5 – Back bus loop doors (Parents may continue to park in the Nathaniel Woodhull back bus loop)
All parents must park and enter the building with proper identification to sign-out students. Additional parking is available at the Brookhaven Pool.
Tiered pick-up times will remain in place and there will be supervision available until 4:05pm.
Kindergarten and Grade 1 – 2:30pm
Grades 2 and 3 – 2:45pm
Grades 4 and 5 – 3:00pm
Once again, we would like to thank you for your continued support and smiling faces throughout this transition time.
As many of you are aware, the district found itself having to switch bus companies before the start of this coming school year. This change has unfortunately led to a temporary disruption in bus service. Therefore, there will be NO large buses for September 5th and until further notice. All students who are transported on large buses will need to be dropped off and picked-up. Mini buses will still be providing transportation. Please listen carefully for the Nathaniel Woodhull’s arrival and dismissal procedures.
It is very important if you are carpooling, or someone else other than the child’s parent is picking them up from school, a note must be sent in or an email regarding the pick-up should be sent to your child’s teacher Please include your child’s name and the name of the adult that is picking them up.
You can access teachers’ email addresses (typically first initial, last name @wfsd.k12.ny.us; example: John Public, firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are picking up any child, please be sure to have picture ID. No child will be released to an adult without photo ID.
- Students can be dropped off as early as 8:05AM, school begins at 9:05AM.
- You can use 1 of 2 locations to drop off your children –
- Front of building – there will be 3 entry points. Doors will be open and staff will be there to welcome, guide, and supervise the students. For this location, you must park in the parking lot and escort your child to the school’s exterior doors.
- Back bus loop – students will enter through the back bus loop doors. Doors will be open and staff will be there to welcome, guide, and supervise the students.
For this location, you can drive your car into the back bus loop. The back bus loop will be a drop and go to reduce traffic congestion. We ask that parents do not get out of their car to walk their children into the school.
Our caring faculty, staff and security will be at all locations to assist.
At dismissal, we will use multiple pick up times and pick up locations to reduce congestion and assist with parking issues. If you have children in multiple grades you can choose any time to pick up your children. If you are looking to avoid the congestion and would like to sign your children out, we will have students available as early as:
Grades: K-1 – 2:30PM
Grades: 2-3 – 2:45PM
Grades: 4-5 – 3:00PM
- You will need to park, come into the school and sign your child out the end of the school day.
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 – Parent Pick-Up (when facing the school, door located to the far right)
- Grade 2 – Front entrance to the far left
- Grade 3 – Main lobby
- Grades 4 and 5 – Gymnasium Doors – located in the back bus loop.
- If you are unable to pick up your child at regular dismissal time, 3:05PM, we will have staff available to supervise your child until 4:05PM.
We appreciate your cooperation to help get our nearly 700 students into and out of the building as safely and as efficiently as possible. Please note that we understand children may be late to school, and lateness due to this bus situation will not negatively impact your child’s attendance. We assure you your child will still enjoy a memorable school year with us.
These directions will also be posted on the district web site and PTO Facebook page. Please call Nathaniel Woodhull at 631-874-1302 if you have any questions.