Welcome to another exciting spring season of William Floyd Athletics! We are looking forward to teaching our student athletes. Participation will provide students with a well-rounded experience in learning to face adversity and in developing a strong work ethic. Please do not hesitate to contact the Athletic Office with any concerns you may have throughout the season. Here are some important dates to be aware of as we start the season.
High School Tryouts: Week of March 5, 2018
Paca and William Floyd Middle School Tryouts: Week of March 26, 2018
- WFMS will hold Sports Physicals during Physical Education Class Beginning the week of February 27, 2018.
- Paca Middle School will hold Sports Physicals during Physical Education Classes beginning the week of March 3, 2018.
- High School Sports Physicals will be conducted during the week of March 26, 2018 and will be after school.
Sports Physicals are required for participation. Any questions should be referred to your school’s nurse.
Spring Break: March 30-April 7-Practice and games are scheduled and are mandatory.
Students will be provided with a schedule on the first day of practice. However, we strongly encourage you to check the website listed below for updates throughout the season.
**The full schedule is available on the Suffolk County Athletics website, www.sectionxi.org.**
Code of Conduct: All student athletes will be required to sign the William Floyd School District Athletic Code of Conduct. Any violations to the Code of Conduct can result in removal from the team.
- Failures for the second or third quarter progress report period will result in student records being reviewed by the assistant superintendent.
- If the student is permitted to play, weekly progress reports will be required and monitored by coaches, assistant principal and the chairperson of Physical Education.
- If a student shows no academic growth, teachers will be contacted and a parent-guardian/teacher meeting will be scheduled.
Here’s to a great season.