We will be administering the New York State Regents, June 12, 2017 through June 22, 2017. As a result, we will be using a testing schedule and modified transportation schedule. See the reverse side of this letter for details. Due to the seriousness of the testing administration, as well as the need to provide optimal test taking conditions, please reinforce with your children the following expectations:
- Students will be searched upon entering the building.
- Students should only bring appropriate test materials. All backpacks and pocketbooks will be confiscated.
- NO cell phones and electronic equipment are allowed in the building. All cell phones and electronic equipment that does enter the building will be confiscated. A parent/guardian will be required to pick up any confiscated cell phones /electronic equipment in the Main Office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. only.
- The use of any communications device is strictly prohibited. If communications devices are used, no matter how briefly, their examinations will be invalidated and no score will be calculated for them.
- There are no make-ups for these examinations. Students must take these examinations on the specified days and at the specified times.
- Students must remain for the entire testing period, three hours, allotted for all Regents exams.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available in the 9th grade food court prior to the beginning of these examinations. Breakfast and lunch times are noted on the reverse side of this letter.
- Students should be at their scheduled bus stop 30-45 minutes prior to arrival at the high school.
In order to receive a high school diploma, the New York State Education Department mandates a minimum requirement that students pass multiple Regents examinations. Your child may not be eligible for graduation until he/she satisfies all Regents examinations requirements. Therefore, attendance at the appropriate exams is expected. Students or parents who have questions regarding state mandated testing requirements should contact their child’s guidance counselor.
If you have any concerns regarding the details of this letter, please call the high school office at 874-1795 or your child’s guidance counselor at 874-1130 or 874-1150.