The Family Service League (FSL) is pleased to announce that on Friday, May 8, 2015, along with more than 60 supporters, community leaders, and dignitaries celebrated the Ribbon Cutting and Open House of FSL’s William Floyd Family Center (WFFC) located on the campus of the William Floyd School District. This collaborative provides vital resources such as crisis counseling, vocational training, housing assistance, and educational workshops for Mastic and Shirley community members. The FSL and WFSD partnership was made possible, in part, through a generous $25,000 grant from the Long Island Community Foundation (LICF).
The WFFC embraces a holistic approach that addresses the social and educational needs of children and families by providing access to social and mental health services, and promoting healthy lifestyles while strengthening ties in the community. The following programs are available at WFFC (please see our www.fsl-li.org for additional services offered throughout Suffolk county):
- Community Advocacy, Informational, and Referral (CAIR) Program provides information, referrals, practical resources and access to various community agencies.
- Medical Billing Course – A Suffolk County Community College certificate in Medical Billing is offered to high school and adult education students.
- Disaster Case Management (DCM) assists families adversely affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Crisis Intervention – Social Workers are available at the center to provide short term crisis and supportive counseling.
- Children’s Emotional Wellness Screenings available for youngsters, ages 3 to 18.